Tuesday, 5 January 2010

just some knit-nacks



I think it was inevitable that the knitwear post was coming, especially after Rodarte's brand spanking new menswear jumpers. For a first attempt of menswear the fantastic duo have excelled! At an unreal $2,760 a piece i'm not sure the finance department have calculated the costing correctly. Mix a knitting machine, a roll of mohair, throw in a bit of creativity and hey presto you have yourself $2,760 in the bank! Non-the-less they are beautiful and the hap-hazard spider influence suggests the fumbling, more intimate hand knit.


After consistent months of searching i have finally got my hands on a knitting machine. Wether this means i will now be the hermit crab living in my room or the latest trend setter of east London, I am sure to have some interesting garments in the near future!


Some knitting experiments:


Last but certainly not least, Bluecoat Gallery in Liverpool. I visited the newly revamped gallery in the heart of Liverpool this week. Although i did not care much for Janek Schaefer's Sound Art exhibition, i did find the most delightful knitting hung about the trees in the courtyard!




No comments:

Post a Comment